Monday 7 October 2013

Christmas Frost


Hi and Good Morning :)  Today I am sharing a frosty christmas card created using some amazing, quick and easy Cheery Lynn Designs Dies!

I started off with a blank 6 x 6 inch card base and added a piece of pearl and silver vellum for my base.  I then cut the gorgeous Winter Neighbourhood Border and shadowed it with a piece of ice blue paper.  The pretty corners were created using the Holly Corner die, sticking some icy pearls for the berries. 

I coloured my LOTV image with PM's and FM's and glittered the snow and highlights.  The image was layered on Scalloped square stackers and Horizon boutique stacker, and I added the adorable Santa Sleigh & Reindeer.  This is just so delicate and sweet!

For a finishing touch I added a lacey Snowflower on the corner of the image, and the Christmas sentiment at the bottom.

All dies used on this card are:

B323 - Winter Neighbourhood
B184 - Holly Corner
B186 - Christmas sentiment
B326 - Santa's Sleigh and Reindeer
DL253 - Horizon Square Boutique Stackers
XL-2 - Scalloped Square Nesting Dies
L-1 - Silver Square Stackers
DL226 - Snowflowers 2


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I hope you find time to join us in our weekly challenge, where this week our theme is 'Halloween!'. Boo!

Have a smashing week!,



15 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

this is so beuatiful alison! i love the little scene with the houses below and santa up top hehe! gorgeous work :)

Natali said...

Oh Dear!!! How I missed your gorgeous cards!! I hope now I shall visit you often!!!
Hugs,
Natali

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh wow Alison this is fabulous! I have just bought the Santa die but now I need the holly corner, winter neighbourhood, Horizon Square and scalloped square!!!! I am going to have to stop coming to visit you!! Susan xx

Gitte said...

Beautiful card.

craftieodmae said...

WOW! Gorgeous card, I love all the die cuttings!!!!

coops said...

so stunning alison.a really magical design with all your diecuts and your image and soft colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Alison. I love all those dies....I even have one!! I bought the santa and sleigh and GNPE Harrogate yesterday!
Hope you are well
Lorraine x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi alison.
How are you have missed you.
Never see you on my blog again.
Hope you are fine.
You have made a gorgeous card with gorgeous Dies.


greetings karin

Anna said...

This is SO BEAUTIFUL !! :)
As always you put together a perfect scene with all the lovely dies.
Hugs

Annette said...

OMG you've used a die that I actually have! That's gotta be a first! Love your pretty card Alison.
Hugs
Annette
xx

having a {me} day said...

WOW! Love the frosty effect and all your beautiful diecuts! keeleyxx

Claire said...

Beautiful card Alison, gorgeous image and love the frosty feel. Hugs, Claire x

gobeagirl said...

Hi Alison, you know I am so happy that I found your blog this last year. You are truly an artist with your cards! This card iss just GORGEOUS! I love love the winter wonderland feel to this. It is just so so stunning. I swear Norman Rockwell has nothing on you. :0). Hope that comes across as the compliment that it was ment to be. Hope your week is going well. Hugs Lisa G

gobeagirl said...

Hi Alison, you know I am so happy that I found your blog this last year. You are truly an artist with your cards! This card iss just GORGEOUS! I love love the winter wonderland feel to this. It is just so so stunning. I swear Norman Rockwell has nothing on you. :0). Hope that comes across as the compliment that it was ment to be. Hope your week is going well. Hugs Lisa G

SusanLotus said...

I love fall and I enjoy this time of year so much but your card makes me want snow under my feet and abow my head! You really captured the feeling of winter! :)

Have a nice weekend!
Hugs
Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...