Friday 27 September 2013

Steampunk Dies



Hi and Good Morning! :)  Todays card was inspired by some of the amazing Cheery Lynn Designs Steampunk Dies! 

I used a 6 x 6 inch blank card base and layered black bazzil card and MME paper, inking the edges slightly with DI.

I then cut the stunning Steampunk Clock die in metallic black and stainless steel card, and shadowed it for effect.  The image is a Kenny K digi stamp and she was coloured in PM's and backed with Steampunk Wings.  I matted and layered onto Circle Stacker and Scalloped circle stacker.

The Gears were also cut in a mix of silver and black and layered and fastened together with silver brads for a finishing touch.

All dies used on this card are:

B357 - Clock with Angel Wing - Steampunk
B340 - Gears
B359 - Steampunk Wings
XL-5 - Scalloped circle stackers
L-4 - Circle Stackers

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, I will be posting an update on my internet woes, and lack of blogging later in the week.. :( Thank you so much for bearing with me, I miss visiting you all so much!

Have a smashing day,



15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is an awesome monochromatic creation. So love all the gears etc. which makes for a gorgeous steampunk design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sara H said...

Wowwowwow!!!! What a fantastic creation ^^ Absolutely love the gears! The whole card is so well done. Beautiful background paper and I like the added wings =))
Have a great weekend my friend!

applejack cards by sue said...

Wonderful! all the gears and colouring and embellishments work fantastically together.

Annette said...

Wonderful card Alison and lovely dies (as always)
Hugs
Annette
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning card Alison love it.

greetings karin

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image ...Great design.xxx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Alison.The image looks fab and as always I love the dies and the way you use them.
Hope you are well
Lorraine x

Anna said...

OMG Alison, this is stunning!!!!
Love it!
Have a great weekend
Hugs

downrightcrafty said...

Alison this is fabulous so striking
Hugs Kate xx

mixamatoasties said...

That's awesome Alison. Love it.

Susan xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous card Alison as always you highlight the wonderful dies brilliantly, Susan x

gobeagirl said...

Hi Alison. I think this card is awesome. It is such a different style from yours, but boy did you do a fantastic job with it. I love all the gears and my DH loved the stamp. lol.... Wonderful card as always. If you get the chance stop by my blog and enter my blog candy. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs, Lisa G

coops said...

ooooooooooo wow me loves this one a lot hun.those steampunk cogs and clock are fabulous and the image and colours are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Gitte said...

Wow what a great card.

having a {me} day said...

Just stunning! How fab are those wings! keeleyxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...